1-second Count Rates from SAMPEX/LICA
This data set consists of 1-second energetic particle count rates from the LICA instrument. The data set covers the time period 9 October 1997 to 30 June 2004). Coverage starts when the instrument DPU was reprogrammed to provide these 1-s rates.
The data are a subset of the
6-second LICA count rates
(D3+D4, D1+D2, stop, start, low priority, & high priority) provided at 1-second resolution.
See the 6 LICA -second rates documentation for more details.
Units are counts/second.
Data are currently provided as daily ASCII text files. Each file contains 7 columns:
- D4+D3 : D4+D3 detector singles counts. Ions and electrons > 600 keV.
- D2+D1 : D4+D3 detector singles counts. Ions and electrons > 600 keV.
- Stop : STOP MCP Singles counts. > 250 KeV for protons, > 25 keV for e-.
- Start : START MCP Singles counts. > 250 KeV for protons, > 25 keV for e-.
- Low_Pri : Counts of particle events identified as He by the onboard logic. 0.50-6.57 MeV/nuc.
- High_Pri : Counts of particle events identified as Z>5 by the onboard logic. 0.49-10.7 MeV/nuc.